Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Valentine's Day Pillow {Tutorial}


Hi there! Today I have a quick and easy project to share with you!!  I am a little obsessed with pillows.  I love making them for all the different holidays.  They add a fun holiday touch to any room in your house.  Plus they are quick! Which I love, because with three kiddos running around I don't have a ton of time to sew! So this is the perfect quick project to make while the kids are napping!

Valentine's Day Pillow

I have a love for simple blocks.  Especially the 4-patch.  So with the 4-patch in mind, I designed a quilt block just for this pillow! If you wanted to make an entire quilt from this block, it would look fabulous! :) 

Valentine's Day Pillow



Since I have a lot of pillows, I have to put them in all sorts of places!  I have some of them under my entry table, they are lucky to be there all day though--the kids usually play with them and use them in their forts!  But when they are there, I really love the fun touch it gives to my entry! You see the pillow to the left?  That is made from the most lovely new fabric ever!! I am pretty sure that pillow will stay there all year round because I just love the print! You can find it here!


Valentine's Day Pillow



Alright, lets get started on this pillow!


For this block you will need:

5 - 5.5" squares (A)
16 - 3" squares (B)
1 Heart (print template here) You will need to cut this down a little bit to fit in your block.  I cut it down to the size I wanted.  Or you could make your own heart template.  
Block is 15.5" Unfinished
First make your 4-patches.  You will sew the B squares in pairs. Then sew the two pairs together.  Make four 4-patches for this block.  Press 




Next, you will need to iron on some fusible web to your heart fabric.  Then cut the heart out.  Iron onto the A square that you will have in the center of the block.  *Make sure you leave a 1/4 seam allowance on all sides of your square. 


Next assemble the block.  Sew together in rows, then sew the rows together to form the block.  Press seams. 

Now you are ready to stitch around your heart.  I did mine by hand with embroidery floss. But you could do this with your machine.  Whatever you prefer! 


To make into a pillow--you can find my Envelope Style Pillow Tutorial HERE


Valentine's Day Pillow


That's it friends! You now have a darling Heart Pillow for your couch, or in my case my entry table! 

If you make this pillow I would love to see it! Please share it with me! I love seeing all your fun projects!   lindsey@fortworthfabricstudio.com or on Instagram using the hashtag #sewingwithfwfabricstudio

Talk to you soon! 

PS: I will be doing a fun Instagram tutorial tomorrow! So check your feed tomorrow to see what I will be sharing! :)


1 comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...