Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Garden Path Mystery Quilt {Week 1}

Hi there! Are you guys ready to kick off our newest Mystery Quilt?!  I am excited to share this quilt with you guys! It is very "springy" and I know you guys will love it! :) 

If you are following along on instagram - use #gardenpathmysteryquilt so we can see your progress!








A few things before we begin: 

  • Please read ALL instructions before starting.
  • Please measure twice and cut once - I have made the cutting instructions very specific  - and there IS NOT a lot of room for cutting errors - so PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
  • I am posting the blocks for the quilt in no particular order - to keep this EXTRA MYSTERIOUS! 
  • Accuracy is KEY!  This quilt requires you to be very accurate with your piecing - A 1/4" quilting foot is recommended for piecing.  
  • I have made the entire quilt already (and it is sooo cute!!) - and so all blocks and piecing have been tested. 
  • This is all about having fun!! This was a joy to design and it was even more fun piecing this quilt! I can't wait for the final reveal! 
Alright, I think you guys are ready to get started!

First, I have included a cutting sheet.  This sheet is cutting for the ENTIRE QUILT.  It is very helpful if you mark all your pieces with the letters I have assigned each piece.  Please measure twice and cut once! There is nothing worse than making a cutting mistake! So pay careful attention please!

Are you ready for our first block? Scroll down for the reveal:
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Our first block is my very favorite quilt block! The Pinwheel! 


Make 16 pinwheel blocks
4 3/4" x 4 3/4" 


*Links may take some time to load depending on your internet connection.  Also if you have pop-ups disabled, you may have a problem downloading the PDF file.  To fix this you will need to allow pop-ups for our blog.*

Schedule:

April 4th - Pinwheel Block
April 11th
April 18th
April 25th


See you next week with an all new block!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Another project I have going has a bazillion pinwheels. I'm going to be drowning in them! LOL

Mary Knacke said...

Hi Lindsey. I am a fairly new quilter. Would I be able to get all of the printed fabric requirements from a fat quarter bundle? If not, what precuts could I use? Thanks!

Jackie said...

I love pinwheels too! Thank you for the block.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...